Cold Hands, Warm Heart
Updated: May 31, 2020
I've never been a fan of winter. Cold air, snow up to your knees, no fun to be had outside (unless you're willing to freeze!)
I decided to get out of the winter blues and make a project. I've always been fond of the saying "cold hands, warm heart" because I've always had cold hands. No matter the season. I think I may have poor circulation haha. As Krystal D'Costa stated in her blog:
"It's a curious saying: "Cold hands, warm heart." It proposes that people whose hands are usually cold actually have kind and loving personalities. There is no counterpart as far as I can tell. That is, people with warm hands aren't reputed to have cold hearts. They're just regular folk whose body temperatures hover at the norm of 98.6 degrees F."
I thought it'd be fitting to add this saying on to a candle, combining cold and warm. So to all of my fellow crafters out there with chilly hands like me, this one is for you!
Here's how I went about the process, if you'd like to make the candle you see:
2 kinds of Cricut vinyl
Cricut mat (I just used my blue, light grip)
Weeder (I made my entire saying 3.5" wide, so some of the things that needed to be weeded out were pretty small)
Candle (or whatever you want to put the saying on)
1. Import my saying into Cricut Design Space and personalize it. You can grab it here.
2. Cut out the sayings with your Cricut and cut off any excess that doesn't include the words.
3. Cut out some transfer tape to go over your words - make sure it's a little bit larger than your saying.
**PRO TIP: Transfer tape DOES NOT work with glitter vinyl. I learned the hard way. If you decide to use glitter, you'll have to put it on by hand.
4. Clean the item you'll be placing the saying on and make sure it's completely dry before placing the saying on its surface. For my project, I used a candle, but feel free to let your creativity fly!
5. Rub all of your letters down really well so no peeling occurs.
6. Add a ribbon on top of the candle to pull the color through your whole candle, and tah dah, a cute candle ready for the winter chill!
If you'd like to purchase the saying of "cold hands, warm heart", it's available here, at my Etsy store. Don't forget to check out some of my other winter things while you're there! Happy crafting!